-   -   how to create automatic macro with if statement or similar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/60115-how-create-automatic-macro-if-statement-similar.html)

betatryck_se

how to create automatic macro with if statement or similar

How do I create a macro including if statement & automatically

I need to create a worksheet where I can have a list of various data and if
I change the value of one row and that is of a higher value than any other in
this list , I need this row to jump to the top of the worksheet.

This should then happen automatically, ie every time you enter a sum in the
value column it should perform the if statetment automatically and check
wether the top value cell has got a higher value than the sum I just typed in.

Anyone got any ideas of how to do this?

Dave Peterson

how to create automatic macro with if statement or similar

Personally, this would drive me batty. If I make a change, it could go anywhere
in the list. If I make a typing error, I may not be able to find it (easily).

Instead of making it automatic, I'd just plop a button from the forms toolbar on
that sheet. I could record a macro that would sort exactly the way I want and
assign that macro to that forms button.

Then I do the data entry (and verification) and click that button only when I'm
happy.

--

Dave Peterson

betatryck_se

how to create automatic macro with if statement or similar

You are right it is not a very good way of doing thing but its somebody at
work who "needs" this function. I will try making it the way you described it
and see if it could work for them.