-   -   Formatting financial data from Morningstar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/60010-formatting-financial-data-morningstar.html)

Gallardo

Formatting financial data from Morningstar

Does anyone have code/macro to format data copy/pasted from
Morningstar? There is a lot of excess colums/rows that make it very
hard to read/work with. Thanks.

Don Guillett

Formatting financial data from Morningstar

How about a sample url of the page(s) you want and the info from along with
excel version. Have you tried right clickimport to microsoft excelclean up
with a macro?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Gallardo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone have code/macro to format data copy/pasted from
Morningstar? There is a lot of excess colums/rows that make it very
hard to read/work with. Thanks.

Gallardo

Formatting financial data from Morningstar

Thanks for the quick reply!
Excel 2002.

http://quicktake.morningstar.com/Sto...ktab=financ e

Just the financial statement (1995 from upper left corner to 2406 at
bottom right)

Whenever I try c/p or use web import, it would include countless blank
rows and colums that spands several pages.

Not familiar with macros.

Don Guillett

Formatting financial data from Morningstar

Right click on the table on the web siteselect import to microsoft
excelafter imported, hide the undesired columnsright click on the cell A2
and select refresh.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software