-   -   text plus date and time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59965-text-plus-date-time.html)

Kelly

text plus date and time

I have a list of names and I want to put those names in a drop down list.
Once someone selects a name from the drop down list I want that name and the
current date and time to populate that cell. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Dave Peterson

text plus date and time

I think you'll be much happier if you use a different cell for the date/time.
It'll make life much, much easier later.

If you want to try that...

J.E. McGimpsey shows how at:

--

Dave Peterson

Scott Wagner

text plus date and time

This may be a simple approach, but here goes...

Lets say in cell A2 is your drop list. Format cell B2 for Time, and cell C2
for Date and insert the following formulas.

in cell B2 insert: =IF(A2="","",NOW())
in cell C2 insert: =IF(A2="","",TODAY())