-   -   Making long alphanumeric list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59837-making-long-alphanumeric-list.html)

Medtner

Making long alphanumeric list

Sorry guys this is a newbie question I know...

But how do you make a long alphanumeric list in excel automatically
without having to type all the figures etc...

eg Lan01
Lan02

Lan101 etc.

Thanks:)

--
Medtner
Medtner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29547

Bob Phillips

Making long alphanumeric list

Just enter Lan01 in the first cell,, then move the cursor to the
bottom-right corner of the cell until it changes to a black cross, then drag
and copy as far as you want.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Medtner" wrote in
message ...

Sorry guys this is a newbie question I know...

But how do you make a long alphanumeric list in excel automatically
without having to type all the figures etc...

eg Lan01
Lan02

..

Lan101 etc.

Thanks:)

--
Medtner
Medtner's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492512

Niek Otten

Making long alphanumeric list

In A1:

="Lan"&TEXT(ROW(),"#00")

Copy down as far as you need

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Medtner" wrote in
message ...

Sorry guys this is a newbie question I know...

But how do you make a long alphanumeric list in excel automatically
without having to type all the figures etc...

eg Lan01
Lan02

..

Lan101 etc.

Thanks:)

--
Medtner
Medtner's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492512

Roger Govier

Making long alphanumeric list

Hi

Just type your first value into a cell, then grab the fill handle and pull
down the column and it will change the numeric part automatically.
The fill handle is the small black cross you see if you hover the cursor
over the bottom right corner of the cell. Hold your left mouse button down
to garb it, pull the mouse down the page as as far as required then release.

If you are going to go into the hundreds, then you might consider starting
with Lan001 rather than Lan01.

Regards

Roger Govier

Medtner wrote:
Sorry guys this is a newbie question I know...

But how do you make a long alphanumeric list in excel automatically
without having to type all the figures etc...

eg Lan01
Lan02

..

Lan101 etc.