-   -   Need help with formatting a workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59708-need-help-formatting-workbook.html)

Niek Otten

Need help with formatting a workbook

Please fix your system date

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Alistair Johnston" wrote in message
I need help writing a macro to format a worksheet. We have a text report
that is output from our system. We open the report in excel to format it
for printing. I want to select a cetain range that is variable with the
output. I think what needs to happen is a macro that searches for the
headers in the sheet. It then needs to find the end of the data. I guess
by finding the next empty cell after the data. It then would autofit the
columns, make it bold and justify left.
I recorded a macro that selects the whole sheet and then formats it how
I want but I would preffer the search method.

Thanks for any help

Alistair Johnston

Michael

Need help with formatting a workbook

Hi Alistair. This article written by Frank Kabel & Bob Phillips may help.
You could possibly paste the code into your macro:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html
HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Alistair Johnston" wrote:

[...]

Your welcome. I hope it helps.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Alistair Johnston" wrote:

Michael wrote:
Hi Alistair. This article written by Frank Kabel & Bob Phillips may help.
You could possibly paste the code into your macro:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html
HTH

Thanks for the link.

I will give it a go and see how I do.