-   -   Merging Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59703-merging-cells.html)

DC

Merging Cells

Is there any way (and if so, how) I can merge two or more cells with data in
them and not loose data?

Chip Pearson

Merging Cells

No.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"DC" wrote in message
Is there any way (and if so, how) I can merge two or more cells
with data in
them and not loose data?

DC

Merging Cells

Well - Great.:-{
I was hoping.

Have a great holiday.

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

No.

--

"DC" wrote in message
Is there any way (and if so, how) I can merge two or more cells
with data in
them and not loose data?

chrisnelsonusa1

Merging Cells

You could concatenate the two cells together instead of merging them. If
the two cells are A1 and B1 the equation goes like this.

=concatenate(A1,B1)

That will take the information from cell A1 and merge it with B1 and
anything else you want to add to all the cells can be added by putting
another comma in and specifying what you want to add, i.e.

=concatenate(a1," ", b1) - would put a space between the two pieces of
text.

=concatenate(a1,"-",b1) - would put a dash between the two pieces of
text.

=concatenate(a1,b1,"This is cool") - would put This is cool after the
two pieces of text.

Hope that helps
Chris

--
chrisnelsonusa1
chrisnelsonusa1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29526

Excel_God

Merging Cells

Yes there is! :D

Two fields containg data, can be merged like this:
A1 B1 C1
123 456 =A1&""&B1

Just write =A1&""&B1 in to the C1 cell.

--