-   -   EXCEL AND MS WORD...WHY CANT THEY GET ALONG....PLEASE HELP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59671-excel-ms-word-why-cant-they-get-along-please-help.html)

pam

EXCEL AND MS WORD...WHY CANT THEY GET ALONG....PLEASE HELP

I have a table in Word that has many rows and cells with text in it.

I have a column of text in excel.

I would like to get in excel the information from the work document of just
the text that is found in my excel column.

I tried vlookup but the document in word may have a sentence in it and vlook
look at a whole cell not part of it.

Thanks for the help very much.

Example: word docuement has "table four is next to table three"
in excel I have a column

Peo Sjoblom

EXCEL AND MS WORD...WHY CANT THEY GET ALONG....PLEASE HELP

Your post is cut off, it ends with

"Example: word docuement has "table four is next to table three"
in excel I have a column"

Nevertheless as far as I know you can't do vlookup in Word at all, you need
to copy it over to excel

2. you can use wildcards in a vlookup

=VLOOKUP("*"&A1&"*",Table,2,FALSE)

as an example