-   -   Please Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59636-please-help.html)

m_ravindran

Please Help

Can anyone help me to remove Salutation and name to two different
fields.
I have a list of names like this. Mr Ravindran, ZXY Company, Mrs
Ravindran, ABC Inc. Ms Ravindran, Miss Ravindran etc. I want to have
the Salutation in one cell and the name in the other.

Thanks in advance.

M. Ravindran

--
m_ravindran
m_ravindran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28668

duane

Please Help

one way, if they are all in one column is to select the range (single
column) and choose, data, text to columns, and choose the appropriate
break.

a formula to do it would use the find and left or right functions.

--
duane

duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11624
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492163