-   -   Disc space occupation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59528-disc-space-occupation.html)

Preuthun

Disc space occupation

Hello.

I'm using Excell 2003.
I have scanned 10 pictures to JPG format. Each below 200 kb
My sheet takes up only 250 kb when it's empty for pictures.
When I import the 10 scanned pictures I would expect the worksheet to grow
up to a little less than 2.5Mb.
Would'nt that be a fair assumption? Both MS-Word and PowerPoint does so.
However my worksheet grows to 29Mb. !!! Using gif and compressing the
pictures inside the document does not work with good result.
I want to be able to send the worksheet by email, and also work with it
without waiting to long each time I'm saving.

What can I do to make Excell behave reasonable here?

Best regards
Jan Preuthun

Preuthun

Disc space occupation PROBLEM SOLVED

It showed up that the problem file was a mix of different Excel versions and
languages etc. Saving it as an Excel 2003 version only, solved the problem
completely. The guy next door helped me. Thank you.

Regards
Jan Preuthun

.. .