-   -   Select every other Row to copy/cut???? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59524-select-every-other-row-copy-cut.html)

Too much data - Too little time

Select every other Row to copy/cut????

How do I select every other row on a large Excel Document?

FinRazel

Select every other Row to copy/cut????

This is easy...
Simply hold down CTRL while clicking on the row number.
--
Anne Murray

"Too much data - Too little time" wrote:

How do I select every other row on a large Excel Document?

Barb Reinhardt

Select every other Row to copy/cut????

I do this with a helper column. In the helper column, I enter

=mod(row(),2)

The result is wither 0 or 1. Autofilter the data and delete either 0 or 1
(whatever you want). Keep in mind that when you delete the data, it will
recalculate. Remove the autofilter and the helper column and VIOLA (I know
I spelled it wrong), you're done.

"Too much data - Too little time" <Too much data - Too little
wrote in message
How do I select every other row on a large Excel Document?

FinRazel

Select every other Row to copy/cut????

Or Better yet...
1. If you don't already have one, create a numbered column by creating an
empty column (A), type "1" in A1, highlight the column,
Fill-Series-Increment

2. Next to column A, create a new column (B) and enter this formula:
=IF(ISODD(A1),TRUE,FALSE).

3. Highlight your entire worksheet, and sort by column B. This will group
all even columns together, and likewise for all odd columns. Then, select
the group you want.