-   -   Simple Formula Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59455-simple-formula-question.html)

chip_pyp

Simple Formula Question

I am developing a spreadsheet for an inventory i have of parts. In this
spreadsheet I have the quanity of each part. On another page in the workbook
I have a list of which part were taken from the inventroy and used. Can I
link these two...what I mean is can I input the amount of product I have and
on the other sheet if a part is used have it automatically subtracted from
the inventory, but still allow me to add more quanity?

Gary''s Student

Simple Formula Question

The simplest inventory control sheet resembles a checkbook. In C1 put the
initial inventory for a part. Starting in A2 and on down put the withdrawls.
Starting in B2 and on down put the deposits. Then in C2 put =C1+B2-A2 and
copy down
--
Gary''s Student