-   -   remove last 2 numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59302-remove-last-2-numbers.html)

Noemi

remove last 2 numbers

Hi

Which formula would we use to remove the last 2 numbers from a dollar figure
as it is currently 4 decimals and we need it as 2 but do not want rounding up.

We cannot change the format as the cell still represents as a 4 decimal.

eg

12.4555 is currntly in A1
12.45 is what we would like in B2

Thanks
Noemi

Bob Phillips

remove last 2 numbers

=rounddown(A1,2)

--

HTH

RP

"Noemi" wrote in message
Hi

Which formula would we use to remove the last 2 numbers from a dollar

figure
as it is currently 4 decimals and we need it as 2 but do not want rounding

up.

We cannot change the format as the cell still represents as a 4 decimal.

eg

12.4555 is currntly in A1
12.45 is what we would like in B2

Thanks