-   -   How do I show only part of a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59039-how-do-i-show-only-part-cell.html)

Leslie

How do I show only part of a cell?

I have a lot of text in one cell. Is it possible for me to show only the
first line, and then put a symbol or something that shows all the other text
when the cursor touches it?

ScottO

How do I show only part of a cell?

Would using a comment give you what your looking for?
Rgds,
ScottO

"Leslie" wrote in message
| I have a lot of text in one cell. Is it possible for me to show
only the
| first line, and then put a symbol or something that shows all the
other text
| when the cursor touches it?

Dave Peterson

How do I show only part of a cell?

Maybe...

I put a button from the Forms toolbar completely in a cell that should be on a
row that behaves like this. (I used column A, but you could put it anywhere in
that row.)

Then I assigned the button, this macro:

Option Explicit
Sub ToggleMe()

Dim BTN As Button
Set BTN = ActiveSheet.Buttons(Application.Caller)

If LCase(BTN.Caption) = LCase("Hide") Then
BTN.TopLeftCell.EntireRow.RowHeight = 12.75
BTN.Caption = "Show"
Else
BTN.TopLeftCell.EntireRow.AutoFit
BTN.Caption = "Hide"