-   -   Copy information from one cell to several different cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59024-copy-information-one-cell-several-different-cells.html)

BRyan

Copy information from one cell to several different cells

I received an Excel document that has 2000 plus names and addresses, however
they put the name and address together in one cell and I need them in
seperate cells so I can sort on the address. Is there a way I can take the
information in one cell and move it to several different cells, without
having to cut and paste every one of the 2000 cells.

David Billigmeier

Copy information from one cell to several different cells

If they are separated by a common delimiter, you can use the Data-'Text to
Columns...' feature.

Dave