-   -   selection box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59012-selection-box.html)

bhengineer

selection box

I am working with a spreadsheet a predecessor made. It has what appears to
be a drop down box in one spreadsheet which places the value selected in
another sheet. The cell where the data shows up does not have a formula
associated with it. The drop down box does not look like the standard
validation drop down box. It shows the last selection and has a large down
arrow that is always displayed. I checked the sheet for macro's and did not
find any. I would think one of the other posts may cover this but I am not
sure what "category" to search for since it is not acting like a validation.

thanks for the help

Gord Dibben

selection box

Combo Box, List Box?

Open the Control Toolbox Toolbar. click on "design mode" then click on the
drop-down and get its properties.

Or maybe it is from the Forms Toolbar.

No "design mode" step on the Forms Toolbar.

Just right-click on the drop-down.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 12:03:04 -0800, "bhengineer"
wrote:

I am working with a spreadsheet a predecessor made. It has what appears to
be a drop down box in one spreadsheet which places the value selected in
another sheet. The cell where the data shows up does not have a formula
associated with it. The drop down box does not look like the standard
validation drop down box. It shows the last selection and has a large down
arrow that is always displayed. I checked the sheet for macro's and did not
find any. I would think one of the other posts may cover this but I am not
sure what "category" to search for since it is not acting like a validation.

thanks for the help

bhengineer

selection box

Thank you very much. It was an "embed forms combo box 1" I was able to edit
it and add what I needed.

wrote:

I am working with a spreadsheet a predecessor made. It has what appears to
be a drop down box in one spreadsheet which places the value selected in
another sheet. The cell where the data shows up does not have a formula
associated with it. The drop down box does not look like the standard
validation drop down box. It shows the last selection and has a large down
arrow that is always displayed. I checked the sheet for macro's and did not
find any. I would think one of the other posts may cover this but I am not
sure what "category" to search for since it is not acting like a validation.

thanks for the help

Gord Dibben

selection box

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated.