-   -   cut and paste filtered items (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58886-cut-paste-filtered-items.html)

ferde

cut and paste filtered items

I have successfully filtered a very long list of items but then when I try to
cut and paste my filtered list into a new document .....the whole list
shows up.

I'm new at this and have been trying to find some help with no success. Any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Dave Peterson

cut and paste filtered items

Try copying and pasting to the new location.

Then come back to delete the visible rows.

When you copy, you'll notice that only the visible rows are copied (marching
ants around those rows), but when you cut, you get the whole range.

--

Dave Peterson