-   -   Concatenate a Logical Test (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58841-concatenate-logical-test.html)

Sloth

Concatenate a Logical Test

I want to combine cells into a logical test. I can't explain what I want, so
here is an example.

Example 1:
Input
A1: 1
A2: <
A3: 2
A4: ???Formula???
Result
A4: True

Gary''s Student

Concatenate a Logical Test

How about in A1 thru A4

=
1
<
2

then anywhere =QWERTY() will give you TRUE:

Function qwerty()
Dim s As String
s = Cells(1, 1) & Cells(2, 1) & Cells(3, 1) & Cells(4, 1)
qwerty = evaluate(s)
End Function
--
Gary's Student

"Sloth" wrote:

I want to combine cells into a logical test. I can't explain what I want, so
here is an example.

Example 1:
Input
A1: 1
A2: <
A3: 2
A4: ???Formula???
Result
A4: True

Sloth

Concatenate a Logical Test

That worked! Thank You
I have just one question. I inserted this function as a new module. When I
change the values the cell with the QWERTY function does not update untill I
hit F2 and press enter. It won't update even when I hit the calculate
button. With multiple cells I have to update each cell individually each
time. What's going on?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

How about in A1 thru A4

=
1
<

"Sloth" wrote:

I want to combine cells into a logical test. I can't explain what I want, so
here is an example.

Example 1:
Input
A1: 1
A2: <
A3: 2
A4: ???Formula???
Result
A4: True

Gary''s Student

Concatenate a Logical Test

I apologize. As coded Cntrl-Alt-F9 show kick it awake or include:
Application.Volatile True in the function

Play around with it. It is interesting that functions can be made by
splicing text strings.
--
Gary's Student

"Sloth" wrote:

That worked! Thank You
I have just one question. I inserted this function as a new module. When I
change the values the cell with the QWERTY function does not update untill I
hit F2 and press enter. It won't update even when I hit the calculate
button. With multiple cells I have to update each cell individually each
time. What's going on?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

How about in A1 thru A4

=
1
<

"Sloth" wrote:

I want to combine cells into a logical test. I can't explain what I want, so
here is an example.

Example 1:
Input
A1: 1
A2: <
A3: 2
A4: ???Formula???
Result
A4: True

Gary''s Student

Concatenate a Logical Test

Another note:

The reason that the function, as coded doesn't respond to changes is that A1
thru A4 aren't function arguments. Excel doesn't know that it needs to
recalculate the darned thing when you change these values.
--
Gary's Student

"Sloth" wrote:

That worked! Thank You
I have just one question. I inserted this function as a new module. When I
change the values the cell with the QWERTY function does not update untill I
hit F2 and press enter. It won't update even when I hit the calculate
button. With multiple cells I have to update each cell individually each
time. What's going on?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

How about in A1 thru A4

=
1
<

"Sloth" wrote:

I want to combine cells into a logical test. I can't explain what I want, so
here is an example.

Example 1:
Input
A1: 1
A2: <
A3: 2
A4: ???Formula???
Result
A4: True

Sloth

Concatenate a Logical Test

Thanks again. If you are still reading this, what is the difference from F9
and ctrl+alt+F9?

"Sloth" wrote:

That worked! Thank You
I have just one question. I inserted this function as a new module. When I
change the values the cell with the QWERTY function does not update untill I
hit F2 and press enter. It won't update even when I hit the calculate
button. With multiple cells I have to update each cell individually each
time. What's going on?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

How about in A1 thru A4

=
1
<

"Sloth" wrote:

I want to combine cells into a logical test. I can't explain what I want, so
here is an example.

Example 1:
Input
A1: 1
A2: <
A3: 2
A4: ???Formula???
Result
A4: True

Gary''s Student

Concatenate a Logical Test

Its much more forcefull.

Its much better to fix the function to have arguments and then you won't
need F9.
--
Gary''s Student

"Sloth" wrote:

That worked! Thank You
I have just one question. I inserted this function as a new module. When I
change the values the cell with the QWERTY function does not update untill I
hit F2 and press enter. It won't update even when I hit the calculate
button. With multiple cells I have to update each cell individually each
time. What's going on?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

How about in A1 thru A4

=