-   -   "There is no office assistant character file present on this syste (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58833-there-no-office-assistant-character-file-present-syste.html)

Griz

"There is no office assistant character file present on this syste

While working in Excel, I attempted to access the office assistant and the
following message displayed:

"There is no office assistant character file present on this system. Please
run setup in maintenance mode and install at least one character." Please
help!

Sandy Mann

"There is no office assistant character file present on this syste

This is the result of opening an Office 2003 program and a office XP or 2000
on the same computer. Article KB837825 refers to this and I belive that
there is no fix or workaround for it yet. You should still be able to use
Help even without the assistant.

--
HTH

Sandy