-   -   Moving a sheet from one Excel file to another? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58804-moving-sheet-one-excel-file-another.html)

Kathy

Moving a sheet from one Excel file to another?

I have two Excel files containing several sheets each. How do I move a sheet
from one file (workbook) to another? I tried the move or copy function in
the file I want to move the sheet from, however, the file I want to move the
sheet to does not appear in the "To book" drop down list.

Bill Kuunders

Moving a sheet from one Excel file to another?

You need to open both files.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
"Kathy" wrote in message
I have two Excel files containing several sheets each. How do I move a
sheet
from one file (workbook) to another? I tried the move or copy function in
the file I want to move the sheet from, however, the file I want to move
the
sheet to does not appear in the "To book" drop down list.

Kathy

Moving a sheet from one Excel file to another?

Both files are open.

"Bill Kuunders" wrote:

You need to open both files.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
"Kathy" wrote in message
I have two Excel files containing several sheets each. How do I move a
sheet
from one file (workbook) to another? I tried the move or copy function in
the file I want to move the sheet from, however, the file I want to move
the
sheet to does not appear in the "To book" drop down list.

Kathy

Moving a sheet from one Excel file to another?

That worked. Both files have to be opened together, instead of separately
through Excel.

Thanks.

"Bill Kuunders" wrote:

You need to open both files.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
"Kathy" wrote in message
I have two Excel files containing several sheets each. How do I move a
sheet
from one file (workbook) to another? I tried the move or copy function in
the file I want to move the sheet from, however, the file I want to move
the
sheet to does not appear in the "To book" drop down list.

Bill Kuunders

Moving a sheet from one Excel file to another?

I've tried to get the same symptom by protecting workbooks etc............no
luck.
Other way to move a sheet is after arranging the windows.
<window< arrange< tiled.
hold control and drag a tab across.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K

"Kathy" wrote in message
Both files are open.

"Bill Kuunders" wrote:

You need to open both files.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
"Kathy" wrote in message
I have two Excel files containing several sheets each. How do I move a
sheet
from one file (workbook) to another? I tried the move or copy function
in
the file I want to move the sheet from, however, the file I want to
move
the
sheet to does not appear in the "To book" drop down list.

Naveen

Moving a sheet from one Excel file to another?

hi kathy ,when u open u r work sheet , select the work sheet whould like to
move & use shortcut Key " Alt + E + M " after pressing this short cut key u
will find a dilog box , in that dilog box u can select the the place where u
would like to move u r work sheet & than press ok,

"Kathy" wrote:

I have two Excel files containing several sheets each. How do I move a sheet
from one file (workbook) to another? I tried the move or copy function in
the file I want to move the sheet from, however, the file I want to move the
sheet to does not appear in the "To book" drop down list.

Naveen

Moving a sheet from one Excel file to another?

dont forgot u have to open both the files .......