-   -   Chosen not to update links but they are updated anyway. How stop? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58768-chosen-not-update-links-but-they-updated-anyway-how-stop.html)

Stephen, Generis

Chosen not to update links but they are updated anyway. How stop?

Using Excel 2003 but linked to spreadsheets created in 2000. When asked if I
wanted to update links, I said 'no' because I wanted to take figures and
break links to some linked spreadsheets. But then spreadsheet appears to
update anyway, replacing figures I can see (and want) and giving me 'Value'
errors instead.

TylerDurden

Chosen not to update links but they are updated anyway. How stop?

There's a section in Tool-Options-Edit that allows for universal
updating of links ("Ask to update automatic links). If this is
unchecked, that's probably why.

--
TylerDurden
TylerDurden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17638

Stephen, Generis

Chosen not to update links but they are updated anyway. How st

I _want_ to be asked if I want to update and this is what it's doing. But
when I say 'no' to update, it's doing it anyway. Box you refer to is checked.