-   -   Excel Template (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58747-excel-template.html)

VickyC

Excel Template

Good Afternoon,

Sorry but I am a little new to templates in Excel.

I have created a template, which I would like to add to a toolbar,
which I thought I had done although when I click on it, it opens the
the actual template where as I want it to open a version of it?

Please can anyone help with how I can do this??

Thanks,

--
VickyC
VickyC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27391

Dave Peterson

Excel Template

It sounds like you're opening the template file.

You could add a parameter to that .open command:
Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\my documents\excel\book1.xlt", editable:=False

or you could just use .add
workbooks.Add template:="c:\my documents\excel\book1.xlt"