-   -   Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58714-excel.html)

Satya

Excel

In a Excel Sheet of more than 1000 recodrs when we apply Auto filter I am
facing below problem.

My record entered in a sheet are 1700 , the frst Colum is Job No. where the
job numbers starts with 1 and serially incraesed up to 1700, I have apply
auto filter.

Now to search a specific Job No, I click the arrow highliting at the Job No
heading , the Job numbers displayed are only up to 1000 , I can not go
directly to lets say 1010 Job no. For this requirement I am using Find ( Ctrl
F ) option and reaching to thr required Job number. If any one has any
solution on this plz advice

Tivpine

Excel

Hi,

You are not very clear as to what you require exactly. Please be a little
exact in your question.

Cheers

"Satya" wrote:

In a Excel Sheet of more than 1000 recodrs when we apply Auto filter I am
facing below problem.

My record entered in a sheet are 1700 , the frst Colum is Job No. where the
job numbers starts with 1 and serially incraesed up to 1700, I have apply
auto filter.

Now to search a specific Job No, I click the arrow highliting at the Job No
heading , the Job numbers displayed are only up to 1000 , I can not go
directly to lets say 1010 Job no. For this requirement I am using Find ( Ctrl
F ) option and reaching to thr required Job number. If any one has any
solution on this plz advice

SteveG

Excel

Satya,

Autofilter will only show you the first 1000 unique records in your
list. To find the job # over 1000, click on the arrow, select Custom
and your criteria would be equals and the job number over 1000 you are
looking for. That will display only that item in the list.

Cheers,

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Satya

Excel

In an Excel Sheet , when we apply auto correct to the colum having numbers 1
to 1010 we can locate only up to 1000 , but if we want to locate 1005 what we
will do?

"SteveG" wrote:

Satya,

Autofilter will only show you the first 1000 unique records in your
list. To find the job # over 1000, click on the arrow, select Custom
and your criteria would be equals and the job number over 1000 you are
looking for. That will display only that item in the list.

Cheers,

Steve

--
SteveG