-   -   not equal to symbol in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58621-not-equal-symbol-excel.html)

amit

not equal to symbol in excel

What is the symbol for not equal to in excel

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: not equal to symbol in excel

The symbol for not equal to in Excel is <. It is used to compare two values and returns a TRUE or FALSE result. For example, if you want to check if the value in cell A1 is not equal to the value in cell B1, you can use the formula "=A1<B1". This will return TRUE if the values are not equal and FALSE if they are equal. You can also use this symbol in combination with other operators, such as greater than or less than, to create more complex comparisons. For example,
  1. "=A1<B1 AND A1B1" will return TRUE if the value in cell A1 is not equal to the value in cell B1 and is also greater than the value in cell B1.

Arvi Laanemets

not equal to symbol in excel

Hi

<

Arvi Laanemets

"amit" wrote in message
What is the symbol for not equal to in excel

Armadillow

not equal to symbol in excel

I disagree. Those symbols mean less than and greater than.
Go to your Insert dropdown menu--Symbol ‰*...this is the equal sign with a
slash through it. When you click on it, the "Code" or "definition" will show
up on the left side of the box.

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

<

Arvi Laanemets

"amit" wrote in message
What is the symbol for not equal to in excel

Gord Dibben

not equal to symbol in excel

Interpretation is the problem here, as I see it.

For purposes of calculation operations the comparison operator < means not
equal.

For purposes of "Symbol" the slashed = sign is correct.

All depends upon what OP was referring to.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 11:22:02 -0800, "Armadillow"
wrote:

I disagree. Those symbols mean less than and greater than.
Go to your Insert dropdown menu--Symbol ?...this is the equal sign with a
slash through it. When you click on it, the "Code" or "definition" will show
up on the left side of the box.

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

<

Arvi Laanemets

"amit" wrote in message
What is the symbol for not equal to in excel

Adam Kroger

not equal to symbol in excel

Ive always used the NOT(A1=B1) function, as the < does not work for me
either.

"Armadillow" wrote in message
I disagree. Those symbols mean less than and greater than.
Go to your Insert dropdown menu--Symbol ?...this is the equal sign with a
slash through it. When you click on it, the "Code" or "definition" will
show
up on the left side of the box.

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

<

Arvi Laanemets

"amit" wrote in message
What is the symbol for not equal to in excel

Armadillow

not equal to symbol in excel

Gotta. I mispoke. All depends upon what OP was referring to. Thanks for
the addittional information.

wrote:

I disagree. Those symbols mean less than and greater than.
Go to your Insert dropdown menu--Symbol ?...this is the equal sign with a
slash through it. When you click on it, the "Code" or "definition" will show
up on the left side of the box.

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

<

Arvi Laanemets

"amit" wrote in message
What is the symbol for not equal to in excel

Fred Smith

not equal to symbol in excel

I don't know which version of Excel you have, but < has always worked for me.

Fred

"Adam Kroger @hotmail.com" <adam_kroger<nospam wrote in message
Ive always used the NOT(A1=B1) function, as the < does not work for me
either.

"Armadillow" wrote in message
I disagree. Those symbols mean less than and greater than.
Go to your Insert dropdown menu--Symbol ?...this is the equal sign with a
slash through it. When you click on it, the "Code" or "definition" will show
up on the left side of the box.

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

<