-   -   entering lines (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58575-entering-lines.html)

dabowl824

entering lines

I am trying to enter lines of data and push other data down keeping the lines
properly numbered, for instance Jan, Feb, April checks are listed and I need
to add in Mar. pushing April's down. Can not for the life of me figure this
out and I Know it has to be simple!!

Ron Coderre

entering lines

I have a couple thoughts:

Do the checks have some kind of serialized information? check date, check
number, etc. If yes, can you just append them to the list, then sort the
list to get everything into the right order?

Alternatively, you could just:
Select the cell where you want the new data to begin
Hold down the [Shift] key and press [Page Down] a few times
Release the [Shift] key
Then InsertRows

Does that help?

Regards,