-   -   Help importing "Text to Columns" repeatedly (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58282-help-importing-text-columns-repeatedly.html)

Nightsky

Help importing "Text to Columns" repeatedly

I have a huge number of txt files that we need to import to Excel. The
problem is that I have to import them one at a time and will have to do
this every day in the future. Here is an example of what it looks
like:

Code:
--------------------

Column 1 Data Column 2 Column 3 Not fixed width
Data1 Data 2 goes here Data 3 goes here

--------------------

As you can see the data is aligned on the left with the longest data
string setting the column width. This can be a data value or the
column heading... Only spaces are present not tabs. Currently I have
to do a Text to Columns and manually set each column width. All my
reports have these standard widths for each column.

Is there any way to save a "Text to Columns" style or make a new import
style with these settings?

Mike

--
Nightsky
Nightsky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29279

Nightsky

Help importing "Text to Columns" repeatedly

With a bit of tweeking and trouble shooting I got this to work very
well.

Thank you,
Mike