-   -   Compare Side by Side: Big Mistake! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58279-compare-side-side-big-mistake.html)

GR

Compare Side by Side: Big Mistake!

In Excel 2003, I compared data on two sheets within a single notebook using
"Compare Side by Side." Now I am saddled with two copies of that notebook
each time I open it, plus the program itself is not performing as it did
before. One notebook is titled [name].xls:1 and the other [name].xls:2. The
Help section is no Help! I would appreciate advice on how to get rid of one
of these copies and get back to normal?

Peo Sjoblom

Compare Side by Side: Big Mistake!

Open the workbook, press ctrl + F4, save workbook
You opened 2 windows of the same sheet and then saved the workbook

Peo Sjoblom