-   -   formula auto-progression thru rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58267-formula-auto-progression-thru-rows.html)

ayeFayze

formula auto-progression thru rows

=I2/H2...any way to make this go I3/H3,I4/H4 thru I450/H450 with out maually
touching every cell? have spent hours finding no reference to this type of
action. i know its got to be basic. thx

bpeltzer

formula auto-progression thru rows

If you drag that formula down through a column, it should adjust the row
references automatically. Check your formula: is it i2/h2 as you indicated
in your post? Or $i$2/$h$2 ? The latter uses absolute references which will
NOT adjust automatically (that's the difference between relative and absolute