-   -   I used "save as" but now can't locate original file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58221-i-used-save-but-now-cant-locate-original-file.html)

Booksmarts

I used "save as" but now can't locate original file

I was using a file (November), changed the data, clicked "save as" (December.
Now, November is the same as December. Any possibility there's a temp file of
November anywhere?

Gord Dibben

I used "save as" but now can't locate original file

Book

I believe you have not done as you describe.

If you had a previously saved November workbook open and made some changes
then FileSave As and named it December, November workbook will still be on
your computer in its previous state.

Unless you saved it as November with the changes.

From where did you open November workbook?

It will still be there.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP