-   -   Ranking with criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58189-ranking-criteria.html)

EstherJ

Ranking with criteria

I have a list which I would like to rank based on a criteria. I would like
the formula to look at all FCP Units and work out the ranking of the value
against all other FCP units. Below is an example of what I am trying to
achieve.

Unit Value Rank
FCP 8700 1
MSS 6500 1
FCP 6477 2
MSS 571 2
MSS 569 3
FCP 512 3

Thanks,

Esther

Domenic

Ranking with criteria

Assuming that A1:B1 contain your headers (Unit and Value), and A2:B7
contains your data, try...

C2, copied down:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$7=A2),--(B2<$B$2:$B$7))+1

Hope this helps!