-   -   How do I delete numbers in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58147-how-do-i-delete-numbers-cell.html)

Therese

How do I delete numbers in a cell

I have two rows, one with numbers A, and one empty B. I put "x" in B, when I
need to show that the payments in A has been done.
How do I make the numbers dissapear? I have formatted A so that the numbers
in A gets white when I write "x" in B so the numbers don't show. But the
numbers are still there(althoug hidden), and the sum in the bottom don't
change.
Is there a formel I can use?
Great if you know!
--
Therese

Gary''s Student

How do I delete numbers in a cell

Instead of putting values in A like 123.45, put a formula like:

=IF(B1="x","",123.45)

When you change the B's the A's will really vanish.
--
Gary's Student

"Therese" wrote:

I have two rows, one with numbers A, and one empty B. I put "x" in B, when I
need to show that the payments in A has been done.
How do I make the numbers dissapear? I have formatted A so that the numbers
in A gets white when I write "x" in B so the numbers don't show. But the
numbers are still there(althoug hidden), and the sum in the bottom don't
change.
Is there a formel I can use?
Great if you know!
--
Therese

Mangesh Yadav

How do I delete numbers in a cell

Suppose your numbers are in column A, and you enter x in column B, then use
a formula something like this:

=SUMIF(B1:B4,"<x",A1:A4)

This will sum only those cells that do not have an adjoinin x in it.

Mangesh