-   -   Worksheets Vanishing in Shared Workbook. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/57733-worksheets-vanishing-shared-workbook.html)

guilbj2

Worksheets Vanishing in Shared Workbook.

I'm using Excel 97 with a shared workbook. Each manager in our office
has a worksheet in which to enter their team data, which is summarized
on one main page. I've protected each sheet so the managers can't edit
the formulas etc. For some reason, worksheets are just vanishing. The
first time I thought it was human error and someone had deleted them,
but when I try to right click and delete one of them, Excel will not
allow it. The first time we lost 4 of the worksheets. I replaced them
and today I arrived to find that 6 of them are missing. It's like the
sheets were never there.

On my summary page, even the references now read REF! rather than the
actual sheet name I'd entered. Has anyone heard of this phenomenon?

I had set the workbook to track changes, and can't see anything out of
the ordinary.

--
guilbj2
guilbj2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6043