-   -   Changing formuals from Positive to negative (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/57307-changing-formuals-positive-negative.html)

relliman

Changing formuals from Positive to negative

hi

I believe there is a way that you can change values on screen that are
positive to negative or vice versa!!

I would be really grateful if someone could tell me how??!!!

--
relliman
relliman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29105

Peo Sjoblom

Changing formuals from Positive to negative

Multiply with -1

=A2*-1

or you can put -1 in an empty cell, copy it, select the values (or
preferably a copied range of the values in case you need to go back to the
original for any reason), do editpaste special and select multiply

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"relliman" wrote in
message ...

hi

I believe there is a way that you can change values on screen that are
positive to negative or vice versa!!

I would be really grateful if someone could tell me how??!!!

--
relliman
relliman's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488276

PeterAtherton

Changing formuals from Positive to negative

I believe there is a way that you can change values on screen that are
positive to negative or vice versa!!

I would be really grateful if someone could tell me how??!!!

to change A1 in another cell use the formula =A1*-1 or use a macro, I have
not checked this but it should work ok.

Sub PosToNeg()
dim c

For each c in selection
If isnumeric(c) then
c.value = c*-1
end if
next

End Sub

Peter

bpeltzer

Changing formuals from Positive to negative

Yes, multiply by -1. But if you want to just change a whole group, you could
just type a -1 in some random cell and copy it (ctrl + C). Then select the
cells you want to change and Edit Paste Special, select the 'multiply'
radio button and click OK.

"relliman" wrote:

hi

I believe there is a way that you can change values on screen that are
positive to negative or vice versa!!

I would be really grateful if someone could tell me how??!!!

--
relliman
relliman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29105
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488276

TJF

Changing formuals from Positive to negative

=ABS() will return a positive number
=-ABS() will return a negative number

Hope this helps

--