-   -   Need big time help. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/57133-need-big-time-help.html)

joe smith

Need big time help.

I am trying to copy, lets say the phone list from outlook with mailing
addresses. When I paste into excel any entries with 2 or more lines in the
street address the 2nd line of the address will go to a new row with all the
other info following it. I have tried most of the remove carriage return
macros, i have tried parsing the address in outlook and with the address
split by line I get the new row still but with an empty column and the 2nd
line of the address goes into the next column on the same row. We have some
addresses with 3 lines as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David McRitchie

Need big time help.

Hi Joe,
If it is still moved over a column then I have a macro that I used with Excel 95
If each cell on the row can be moved up to the previous row they will be
combined.
Delete Cells/Rows in Range, based on empty cells, or cells with specific values
Delete Empty Cells but don't disturb rows (#DEL95HTMLemptyCells)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...HTMLemptyCells

---
HTH,