-   -   How-to not plot cells with zero value on graphs (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/57078-how-not-plot-cells-zero-value-graphs.html)

hopeace

How-to not plot cells with zero value on graphs

Hey! ANyone know how to not plot values if they equal zero in the
graphs?

Thanks!!

keith

--
hopeace
hopeace's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28009

bob777

How-to not plot cells with zero value on graphs

I had this problem. I wrote a macro that scanned my data and wherever it
found a value of zero it deleted the cell contents. They then do not
plot on charts. My data values were complex formulas, so I wrote a
second macro to reinstate the formulas so that the cells were able to
display correct values when the base data changed.

--
bob777
bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28504

Andy Pope

How-to not plot cells with zero value on graphs

Hi,

Depending on the chart type you could have used a formula instead of VBA.

=IF(test=0,NA(),test)

where test is you complex formula.

Cheers
Andy

bob777 wrote:
I had this problem. I wrote a macro that scanned my data and wherever it
found a value of zero it deleted the cell contents. They then do not
plot on charts. My data values were complex formulas, so I wrote a
second macro to reinstate the formulas so that the cells were able to
display correct values when the base data changed.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info