-   -   I want to copy a formula down several rows and lock a cell ref. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/57072-i-want-copy-formula-down-several-rows-lock-cell-ref.html)

abcdbaker

I want to copy a formula down several rows and lock a cell ref.

How do I lock a cell reference in the formula that I'm dragging to other rows.

Rowan Drummond

I want to copy a formula down several rows and lock a cell ref.

Use $ signs eg = $A$1. See help on absolute versus relative references.

Hope this helps
Rowan

abcdbaker wrote:
How do I lock a cell reference in the formula that I'm dragging to other rows.

keithl816

I want to copy a formula down several rows and lock a cell ref.

Hi abcdbaker,

Would something like this work? =$A$1

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287

Max

I want to copy a formula down several rows and lock a cell ref.

Put a dollar sign ($) in front of the col &/or row reference
e.g.:

$A$1: locks the point to both col & row ref of the cell A1
$A1: locks the point only to the col ref: "A" of the cell A1
A$1: locks the point only to the row ref: "1" of the cell A1

--
Rgds
Max