-   -   Time Stamp-With Change (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/570-time-stamp-change.html)

AntonyY

Time Stamp-With Change

I seen many posts on in this forum on time stamps. My problem this that
in a1:a10 are going to be the entries. I need upon each entry into each
cell a time stamp in b1:b10, but I need this to be hard coded so that if
I went back in a1and made a change it wouldn't change the time again in
b1.

Regards

Antony

--
AntonyY
AntonyY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16690

Gord Dibben

Antony

Try this in a worksheet module.

Right-click on your sheet tab and "View Code".

Paste in there.

'Col B time will not change if data in Col A is edited
On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If .Value < "" And .Offset(0, 1).Value = "" Then
.Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "hh:mm:ss")
End If
End With
End If
ws_exit: