-   -   Altering data that was called with LOOKUP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/56917-altering-data-called-lookup.html)

Lynxbci3

Altering data that was called with LOOKUP

Hi,
I have a list of data approx 9000 lines long (32 columns), and have a
seperate sheet that allows a user to input a code. This then retrieves
their data item using vlookup(). I would like to let the user then
amend the contents of one of the fields, thus updating the original
data list. Is this possible?

thanks

--
Lynxbci3
Lynxbci3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10377

Dave Peterson

Altering data that was called with LOOKUP

It could be possible, but you may find it easier to just use:
Data|Form
from the data list worksheet.

Data|Form supports 32 fields.

If you need more, you may want to look at John Walkenbach's enhanced dataform:
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm
may be sufficient

And if you want to create your own, then Debra Dalgleish has a get started with
userforms:
http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html