-   -   Time measurements fromulas? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/56515-time-measurements-fromulas.html)

Todd W.

Time measurements fromulas?

I need to measure the difference in times for swimming. I am having a
difficult time in getting a formula to read column A & B and measuring the
difference in mm:ss.00. Can anyone help?

Bob Phillips

Time measurements fromulas?

Simply take one form the other to get the difference, it is just numbers.
Format the result cell as mm:ss.00

--

HTH

RP

"Todd W." <Todd wrote in message
I need to measure the difference in times for swimming. I am having a
difficult time in getting a formula to read column A & B and measuring the
difference in mm:ss.00. Can anyone help?

Fred Smith

Time measurements fromulas?

What's in column A and B? If the data is in time format (eg, mm:ss), you just
subtract one from the other (=b1-a1). If your data is in some other format, let
us know and we'll show you how to convert it.

Fred