-   -   Time problem - Help please (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/56178-time-problem-help-please.html)

sawagashi

Time problem - Help please

Hi all

I am currently temping for a agency and the time logging system they
use is a bit dodjy to say the least.

I log in using a e-trac asp system (their clock is fast by 5.43
mins:mad: ) and the logging is to the minute but the agency round the
time to the closest 15mins!

Can I get my exel spreadsheet to round time to the closest 15 mins
:cool:
e.g. 09:00 - 09:07 = 09:00 & 09:08 - 09:15 = 09:15

Help please
as i lost half an hour of pay last week to this dodgy system :mad:

Thanks :)

--
sawagashi
sawagashi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28883

Bob Phillips

Time problem - Help please

--

HTH

RP

"sawagashi" wrote
in message ...

Hi all

I am currently temping for a agency and the time logging system they
use is a bit dodjy to say the least.

I log in using a e-trac asp system (their clock is fast by 5.43
mins:mad: ) and the logging is to the minute but the agency round the
time to the closest 15mins!

Can I get my exel spreadsheet to round time to the closest 15 mins
:cool:
e.g. 09:00 - 09:07 = 09:00 & 09:08 - 09:15 = 09:15

Help please
as i lost half an hour of pay last week to this dodgy system :mad:

Thanks :)

--
sawagashi
sawagashi's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486320

Bob Phillips

Time problem - Help please

==ROUND(A2*96,0)/96

--

[...]

Oh, and format as time.

--

[...]

Thanks

Works great! :) :) :) :)

--
sawagashi
sawagashi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28883
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486320

neopolitan

Time problem - Help please

Okay Bob, I'll confess, I was trying a different approach (much more
complicated) and I don't understand where the "96" in your formula
comes from. Can you enlighten me?

--
neopolitan

neopolitan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=611
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486320

PeterAtherton

Time problem - Help please

"neopolitan" wrote:

Okay Bob, I'll confess, I was trying a different approach (much more
complicated) and I don't understand where the "96" in your formula
comes from. Can you enlighten me?

I suppose youv'e worked it out, but 24 hours times 4 quarters (24*4) = 96

Regards
Peter
--
neopolitan

neopolitan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=611
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486320

Bob Phillips

Time problem - Help please

Time is held as a fraction of a day, so to round to an hour, we multiply by
24, to a half-hour by 48 (24*2), to a quarter-hour by 96 (24*4). This number
is rounded, and then divided by the original multiplier to get it back to
the same scale as starting at.

--

HTH

RP