Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Corey

Default Summary sheet for 80+ tabs/worksheets

Hello. I have a summary sheet that needs to add all the same cells from 80+
worksheets. For instance, on the summary sheet (cell d6) I want to add all
the amounts in cell f9 (from all the other worksheets). I've attempted this
and the formula bar takes up half the screen when I'm on the actual cell and
it's also saying the formula is too long to add up the remaining tabs. Any
shortcut to this?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Corey

Nevermind....I found the answer on an earlier post by searching under
different subject names. Thanks anyways!

"Corey" wrote:

Hello. I have a summary sheet that needs to add all the same cells from 80+
worksheets. For instance, on the summary sheet (cell d6) I want to add all
the amounts in cell f9 (from all the other worksheets). I've attempted this
and the formula bar takes up half the screen when I'm on the actual cell and
it's also saying the formula is too long to add up the remaining tabs. Any
shortcut to this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

As long as your detail sheets are structured identically and you're adding
the exact same cell(s) from each, this is a perfect application for 3d sums!
In Summary!D6, type =sum(. Then click in F9 of the first detail sheet. Next
click on the tab of the final detail sheet and hit enter.
The result will be =sum(DetailSheet1:DetailSheet80!F9).