-   -   How do I reverse the row order in Excel, not based on content? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/56144-how-do-i-reverse-row-order-excel-not-based-content.html)

Gimbalman

How do I reverse the row order in Excel, not based on content?

I need to flip an Excel worksheet containing many rows and columns 'top-to
tail', so that, for example, row 1 becomes row 1000 and vice-versa. This does
not fit the usual 'sort' criteria, as cell content is not relevant to the
order. Am I missing a simple trick here?

Pete at Sappi Fine Paper

How do I reverse the row order in Excel, not based on content?

Just insert a new column and fill it with the numbers 1 to 1000 (or however
many rows you have). There are several quick ways of doing this. Then sort
(descending) by that column. Then delete that column.

"Gimbalman" wrote:

I need to flip an Excel worksheet containing many rows and columns 'top-to
tail', so that, for example, row 1 becomes row 1000 and vice-versa. This does
not fit the usual 'sort' criteria, as cell content is not relevant to the
order. Am I missing a simple trick here?

vezerid

How do I reverse the row order in Excel, not based on content?

Add a column immediately next to the data, with the numbers 1, 2, ....
Then sort descending.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides