-   -   Can I show a reference value with a string? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/56103-can-i-show-reference-value-string.html)

[email protected]

Can I show a reference value with a string?

Hi All,
For a single field, can I show a refernce value (ex: =B2+B3)
and then follow up some strings?

the final result looks like this:

The price is 20

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Boki.

goober

Can I show a reference value with a string?

="The price is "&B2+B3

--
goober
goober's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19838

Peo Sjoblom

Can I show a reference value with a string?

If you want to use a format like currency you need to use the TEXT function

="The price is "&TEXT(B2+B3,"$#,##0.00")

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,
For a single field, can I show a refernce value (ex: =B2+B3)
and then follow up some strings?

the final result looks like this:

The price is 20

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Boki.

[email protected]

Can I show a reference value with a string?

: )

Thanks.

Best regards,
Boki.

[email protected]

Can I show a reference value with a string?

: )

Thanks.

Best regards,
Boki.

Sloth

Can I show a reference value with a string?

you can also use a custom number format like

"The price is $"#,###.00

that way your cell is still a number. It only looks like a string.

" wrote:

: )

Thanks.

Best regards,