-   -   Delete row based on contents of cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/55942-delete-row-based-contents-cell.html)

AndyG

Delete row based on contents of cell

The following code does a great job of finding whole blank rows and deleting
them:

Range("B1", Range("B65536").End(xlUp)).SpecialCells _
(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete

However, could someone please tell me how to modify this for two other
purposes:

1) Delete the whole row if any cell in column A: is has the contents of "SSN"

2) Delete the whole row if any cell in column C: is blank (null?)

Thank you in advance.

Don Guillett

Delete row based on contents of cell

One way is to use datafilterautofilter and record while doing it to
learn. Post back after you have tried this with addl questions.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"AndyG" wrote in message
The following code does a great job of finding whole blank rows and
deleting
them:

Range("B1", Range("B65536").End(xlUp)).SpecialCells _
(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete

However, could someone please tell me how to modify this for two other
purposes:

1) Delete the whole row if any cell in column A: is has the contents of
"SSN"

2) Delete the whole row if any cell in column C: is blank (null?)

Thank you in advance.

AndyG

Delete row based on contents of cell

Thank you Don,
I do know how to use the datafilterautofilter then custom, not equal to
"SSN" to filter out the row in the view, however I really would like to
programmatically (macro) delete the row. If I have filters on I am also
limited (can't insert columns, etc.). Should I have posted this to the
Programming/Coding section instead of here?

Thank you again

"AndyG" wrote in message
The following code does a great job of finding whole blank rows and
deleting
them:

Range("B1", Range("B65536").End(xlUp)).SpecialCells _
(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete

However, could someone please tell me how to modify this for two other
purposes:

1) Delete the whole row if any cell in column A: is has the contents of
"SSN"

2) Delete the whole row if any cell in column C: is blank (null?)

Thank you in advance.

Ron de Bruin

Delete row based on contents of cell

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm

This Add-in have this option also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"AndyG" wrote in message
The following code does a great job of finding whole blank rows and
deleting
them:

Range("B1", Range("B65536").End(xlUp)).SpecialCells _
(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete

However, could someone please tell me how to modify this for two other
purposes:

1) Delete the whole row if any cell in column A: is has the contents of
"SSN"

2) Delete the whole row if any cell in column C: is blank (null?)

Thank you in advance.

AndyG

Delete row based on contents of cell

Thank you very much Ron. The link you supplied showed me the code I needed.
God bless you for being willing to share your expertise. Thank you, Andy

"AndyG" wrote in message
The following code does a great job of finding whole blank rows and
deleting
them:

Range("B1", Range("B65536").End(xlUp)).SpecialCells _
(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete

However, could someone please tell me how to modify this for two other
purposes:

1) Delete the whole row if any cell in column A: is has the contents of
"SSN"

2) Delete the whole row if any cell in column C: is blank (null?)

Thank you in advance.

Olivia Trimble

Delete row based on contents of cell

Can this be used to delete cells only if the have returned blank as a False
response to a function?

"AndyG" wrote:

The following code does a great job of finding whole blank rows and deleting
them:

Range("B1", Range("B65536").End(xlUp)).SpecialCells _
(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete

However, could someone please tell me how to modify this for two other
purposes:

1) Delete the whole row if any cell in column A: is has the contents of "SSN"

2) Delete the whole row if any cell in column C: is blank (null?)

Thank you in advance.

Ron de Bruin

Delete row based on contents of cell

Hi Olivia

No, you must test for "" then in a loop
Example that test A1:A100

Sub Example2()
Dim Lrow As Long
Dim CalcMode As Long
Dim StartRow As Long
Dim EndRow As Long
With Application
CalcMode = .Calculation
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With

With ActiveSheet
.DisplayPageBreaks = False
StartRow = 1
EndRow = 100
For Lrow = EndRow To StartRow Step -1
If IsError(.Cells(Lrow, "A").Value) Then
'Do nothing, This avoid a error if there is a error in the cell

ElseIf .Cells(Lrow, "A").Value = "" Then .Rows(Lrow).Delete

End If
Next
End With
With Application