ExcelBanter

-   -   Delete row based on contents of cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/55942-delete-row-based-contents-cell.html)

AndyG November 17th 05 02:29 PM

Delete row based on contents of cell

The following code does a great job of finding whole blank rows and deleting
them:

Range("B1", Range("B65536").End(xlUp)).SpecialCells _
(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete

However, could someone please tell me how to modify this for two other
purposes:

1) Delete the whole row if any cell in column A: is has the contents of "SSN"

2) Delete the whole row if any cell in column C: is blank (null?)

Thank you in advance.

Don Guillett November 17th 05 02:41 PM

Delete row based on contents of cell

One way is to use datafilterautofilter and record while doing it to
learn. Post back after you have tried this with addl questions.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

AndyG November 17th 05 03:39 PM

Delete row based on contents of cell

Thank you Don,
I do know how to use the datafilterautofilter then custom, not equal to
"SSN" to filter out the row in the view, however I really would like to
programmatically (macro) delete the row. If I have filters on I am also
limited (can't insert columns, etc.). Should I have posted this to the
Programming/Coding section instead of here?

Thank you again

Ron de Bruin November 17th 05 03:44 PM

Delete row based on contents of cell

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm

This Add-in have this option also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

AndyG November 17th 05 05:16 PM

Delete row based on contents of cell

Thank you very much Ron. The link you supplied showed me the code I needed.
God bless you for being willing to share your expertise. Thank you, Andy

Olivia Trimble November 17th 05 09:30 PM

Delete row based on contents of cell

Can this be used to delete cells only if the have returned blank as a False
response to a function?

Ron de Bruin November 17th 05 10:08 PM

Delete row based on contents of cell

Hi Olivia

No, you must test for "" then in a loop
Example that test A1:A100

Sub Example2()
Dim Lrow As Long
Dim CalcMode As Long
Dim StartRow As Long
Dim EndRow As Long
With Application
CalcMode = .Calculation
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With

With ActiveSheet
.DisplayPageBreaks = False
StartRow = 1
EndRow = 100
For Lrow = EndRow To StartRow Step -1
If IsError(.Cells(Lrow, "A").Value) Then
'Do nothing, This avoid a error if there is a error in the cell

ElseIf .Cells(Lrow, "A").Value = "" Then .Rows(Lrow).Delete

End If
Next
End With
With Application