-   -   how do I make the cursor appear as a coloured outline box? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/55706-how-do-i-make-cursor-appear-coloured-outline-box.html)

MikeB

how do I make the cursor appear as a coloured outline box?

I have been sent a spreadsheet in which the cusor appears as a green outline
box around the cell. how is this done as i can't find any reference in Help
etc?

Gord Dibben

how do I make the cursor appear as a coloured outline box?

Mike

Perhaps some worksheet code like the following?

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
Static OldCell As Range
If Not OldCell Is Nothing Then
OldCell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone
End If
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
Set OldCell = Target
End Sub

Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code". See if any code in that module.

OR could be some code in the ThisWorkbook Module.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:29:14 -0800, "MikeB"
wrote:

I have been sent a spreadsheet in which the cusor appears as a green outline
box around the cell. how is this done as i can't find any reference in Help
etc?

Gary L Brown

how do I make the cursor appear as a coloured outline box?

Have you looked at the VBA in the workbook?

--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''''Yes'''' button next to
''''Was this Post Helpfull to you?".