-   -   Date format not correct when you convert a CSV text file in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/55668-date-format-not-correct-when-you-convert-csv-text-file-excel.html)

Scarab

Date format not correct when you convert a CSV text file in Excel

Within my CSV file the date is in the format dd/mm/yyyy, when I convert it
into Excel 2003 the date appears in the format mm/dd/yyyy.
I see this problem also appeared in Excel 2002 but the regfix supplied by
Microsoft Knowledge base KB835718 does not work for Excel 2003.
Please any suggestions?

bpeltzer

Date format not correct when you convert a CSV text file in Excel

As long as Excel has recognized the input as a date, reformatting is simple.
Select the column of dates, then Format Cells, select the Number tab. If
you choose the 'Date' category, you can select a number of pre-defined
formats for displaying the dates. If you choose the 'Custom' category, you
can indicate your own preference, for example by typing "dd/mm/yyyy" in the
text box.

"Scarab" wrote:

Within my CSV file the date is in the format dd/mm/yyyy, when I convert it
into Excel 2003 the date appears in the format mm/dd/yyyy.
I see this problem also appeared in Excel 2002 but the regfix supplied by
Microsoft Knowledge base KB835718 does not work for Excel 2003.
Please any suggestions?

Jim Rech

Date format not correct when you convert a CSV text file in Excel

Have to tried the workaround mentioned in the article, using the Local
argument? I switch my settings to UK and I found that using Local fixed the
problem:

Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\date.csv", Local:=True

--
Jim