-   -   Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/55634-excel-2003-a.html)

Ace

Excel 2003

How do I get "1.9" to show as "1" instead of "2".

Excel always rounds the number to nearest integer.

Is there anyway of Truncating it. Can you use the TRUNC formula in a format
so something?

Dave Peterson

Excel 2003

Take a look at =rounddown() in excel's help.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Excel 2003

or =int(a1)
or =floor(a1,1)
or =trunc(a1)

Ace wrote:

How do I get "1.9" to show as "1" instead of "2".

Excel always rounds the number to nearest integer.

Is there anyway of Truncating it. Can you use the TRUNC formula in a format
so something?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Ace

Excel 2003

Thanks Dave,

The problem is I need the number and the formula in the same cell. But if I
input the the number then it overwrites the formula.

Do you think I need one input sheet with all the numbers and another output
sheet with all the formulas?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

or =int(a1)
or =floor(a1,1)
or =trunc(a1)

Ace wrote:

How do I get "1.9" to show as "1" instead of "2".

Excel always rounds the number to nearest integer.

Is there anyway of Truncating it. Can you use the TRUNC formula in a format
so something?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Excel 2003

I don't usually use multiple sheets. But you can if you want.

You may want to just use an additional column.

Column A holds the user input
column b holds the formula (and is used in any subsequent formulas)

Ace wrote:

Thanks Dave,

The problem is I need the number and the formula in the same cell. But if I
input the the number then it overwrites the formula.

Do you think I need one input sheet with all the numbers and another output
sheet with all the formulas?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

or =int(a1)
or =floor(a1,1)