Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sibadee14

Default Deleting Lines in Excel

I am working with a recently purchased version of Office 2003. I am trying
to modify an Excel document. I created the document on another computer and
I am not sure what version of Excel I used. Anyway, the document is
essentially a crude schematic; in other words it contains boxes connected by
solid and dashed lines. The boxes were created by putting a border around
selected cells. The lines were drawn using the line feature in AutoShapes.
I am now trying to change this document by removing some boxes and lines, and
then adding new boxes and lines. I can delete the boxes, but I cannot delete
the line. I select the lines I want to delete using the AutoShape line
feature and press DELETE, but nothing happens; the line is still there.
Also, if I try to add a new line, I can add only a solid line; I cannot add a
dashed line.

Thank you for your assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

Select a line.
Goto EditClearAll

Don't know why you can't add dashed lines.

Biff