-   -   Excel Math formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/55631-excel-math-formulas.html)

[email protected]

Excel Math formulas

I'm trying to figure out the math equations for Present Value, Future
Value, and Payment in Excel. I want to make sure they are the exact
same equations as what it uses so my numbers don't get screwed up. If
anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Ron Rosenfeld

Excel Math formulas

On 15 Nov 2005 18:03:30 -0800, wrote:

I'm trying to figure out the math equations for Present Value, Future
Value, and Payment in Excel. I want to make sure they are the exact
same equations as what it uses so my numbers don't get screwed up. If
anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Excel solves for the one in terms of the others. See HELP for PV for the
equation.

--ron

[email protected]

Excel Math formulas

" wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the math equations for Present Value, Future
Value, and Payment in Excel.

I cannot say for sure what Excel does. But the typical formula is:

0 = PV + (1 + i*TYPE)*PMT*( (1 - (1+i)^(-n)) / i ) + FV*(1+i)^(-n)

Solve for PV, FV or PMT. Solve for i iteratively.