-   -   pivot table error (25000 rows!!) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/55241-pivot-table-error-25000-rows.html)

Craig_Richards

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)

I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have
5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but
one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows
in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table...

Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits
to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files,
therefore this message is so strange.

Who has an idea?

--
Craig_Richards
Craig_Richards's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21936

Nick Hodge

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)

Craig

You can check this out in Help under Excel Limits, you can then see a subset
under pivot tables. in XL2003 the limit is 32000 unique items, but I think
this was increased from some earlier versions, which is why it may not
happen in some installations

--
HTH
Nick Hodge