-   -   filling information in cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/55050-filling-information-cells.html)

BrendaB22

filling information in cells

I am trying to make a file for my web designer. I have inventory numbers and
need to put a path infront of the inventory numbers and .jpg on the end. But
I can't figure out how to put that information in without having to paste
each row (once for the beginning information and once for the .jpg) and we
have over 10,000 products. Is there anyway to do this automatically or in
bulk
for instance. *** just an example *** the column going down now is 1 2 3 4 5
need to put have it as such: http://www.needhelp.com/images/1.jpg

so I need help so I don't spend all day pasting.
thanks so much
Brenda

PCLIVE

filling information in cells

One way,

="http://www.needhelp.com/images/" & A1 & ".jpg"

If you want it to be an active hyperlink, then:

=HYPERLINK("http://www.needhelp.com/images/" & A1 & ".jpg")

Regards,
Paul

"BrendaB22" wrote in message
I am trying to make a file for my web designer. I have inventory numbers
and
need to put a path infront of the inventory numbers and .jpg on the end.
But
I can't figure out how to put that information in without having to paste
each row (once for the beginning information and once for the .jpg) and we
have over 10,000 products. Is there anyway to do this automatically or in
bulk
for instance. *** just an example *** the column going down now is 1 2 3
4 5
need to put have it as such: http://www.needhelp.com/images/1.jpg

so I need help so I don't spend all day pasting.
thanks so much
Brenda

BrendaB22

filling information in cells

Paul,
Goodness, I am an idiot.. I dont' use excel often for my business so I
appreciate the answer but not sure what it means. Do I need to make some
type of formula, as I have never done that before.
Brenda

"BrendaB22" wrote in message
I am trying to make a file for my web designer. I have inventory numbers
and
need to put a path infront of the inventory numbers and .jpg on the end.
But
I can't figure out how to put that information in without having to paste
each row (once for the beginning information and once for the .jpg) and we
have over 10,000 products. Is there anyway to do this automatically or in
bulk
for instance. *** just an example *** the column going down now is 1 2 3
4 5
need to put have it as such: http://www.needhelp.com/images/1.jpg

so I need help so I don't spend all day pasting.
thanks so much
Brenda

pameluh

filling information in cells

Assuming your inventory numbers are in column A

In column B type http://www.needhelp.com/images/ <-- Copy this down the
length of your list

In column c type .jpg <-- Copy this down the length of your list

In column d type =CONCATENATE(B1,A1,C1) <--- Copy this down the length of
your list

Highlight column D | Ctrl+C

Highlight column E | Edit | Paste special | Values

Delete columns B, C and D

I'm sure there's a shorter way to do this but it works well for me.

Cheers!

Pamela :)